Google+ House Revivals: What to Do With Unfinished Holiday Projects?

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

What to Do With Unfinished Holiday Projects?

Lots of times, when I'm working on craft projects for the holidays, I don't finish them all in time for decorating and gift giving. For years, I felt like a failure when this happened, but now days, I realize I'm just "ahead of the game"!


It's okay if you don't finish everything before Christmas. You can always pack your incomplete projects away with your Christmas decor, and finish it up next year -- but a better idea is to go ahead and finish now (or during Christmas in July). You will be able to go into the next holiday season with lots of handmade gifts ready for giving! If you're a blogger, you can go ahead and write a post about it, and schedule it to be published during the holidays, freeing up your holiday time to spend with family and friends.


 Over the 2014 holidays, I made lots of these icicle ornaments, that I blogged about here. I went ahead and finished them up (mostly) in January, so they would be ready for decorating or gift giving in December.


In 2015, I experimented with some papier mache Santa ornaments I saw on Emi's (Hectanooga) YouTube channel. Those didn't get finished, either, but I went ahead and got them all gessoed and ready to paint. I will finish them up as I have time, schedule a blog post about making them to be published during the 2016 holidays, and have a ready supply of gifts!

It's okay that these projects didn't get finished before Christmas. After all, it's just a matter of perspective, right?  You can look at those unfinished projects as failures, or you can look at them as being "ahead of the game"!

If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe to House Revivals in the sidebar, so you won't miss the fun projects we have planned. Find us on Facebook, too, so you can catch all the "in between" stuff, and see what I'm working on daily on Instagram. Feel free to link today's project to your favorite social media sites.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

~Amanda