Google+ House Revivals: Do You Have an Elf on a Shelf?

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Do You Have an Elf on a Shelf?

Do you have an Elf on a Shelf?  Maybe you have a newer one, or maybe, like me you have a vintage elf? I found this little crew of retro Christmas elves a few years ago in a Seattle thrift store -- the whole bag was only $1.99!

We didn't actually have this type of little pixie elf on our tree when I was growing up.  My mom thought they were tacky. Instead, we had yarn Santas and yarn angels -- you know, the high class stuff.



Now that the Elf on a Shelf trend is in full swing, I am looking forward to pulling my little guys out of the attic in a few days and staging them around the house.


I think our Christmas guests will enjoy finding the elves around the house!  Do you have some favorite ways to stage your elf?

I just love this little guy's sweet face -- I can't even imagine this one getting into mischief!


Several of the elves I thrifted still sport Japan stickers!


I'm a sucker for a vintage "made in Japan" sticker.


Here's another sweet little face.  This guy has Dresden paper accents on his elf suit.


There are so many great ideas out there for staging elves.


I've got about a dozen of these little guys, so I'm looking for lots of ideas!